9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked
By Adam Alter
- Heads of successful technology companies strictly regulate their children’s access to the very technologies they promote to the masses.
- The average person’s daily smart phone habits will add up to over a decade of one’s life spent texting and scrolling.
- We need to expand our definitions of addiction from mere substance dependency to behavioral patterns more generally.
- Environment is the primary determinant of addiction.
- Less screen time and more face-to-face interaction improves social intelligence.
- Creating structures and habits that enhance freedom are the best remedies for technology addictions.
- The difference between “I can’t” and “I don’t” is monumental.