Key Insights From:
Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction
- Drug abuse is arguably the world’s most pressing health problem.
- THC bathes the whole brain and makes the real world seem profoundly uninteresting.
- The brain creates its own opiates and anti-opiates, and narcotics disrupt the brain’s countervailing secretions.
- If cocaine hits your brain like a laser, excessive alcohol hits it like a sledgehammer.
- The solution to addiction is not more breakthroughs in neuroscience but genuine connection with other people.