Key Insights From:
The Case against Education: Why the Education System Is a Waste of Time and Money
By Bryan Caplan
- Very little of what students learn in school will ever be used on the job.
- Most teachers are people who have never left school; so how can they prepare students for the “real world”?
- Signaling is the explanation for the gap between education and job skills.
- The inflated power of the diploma doesn’t benefit society.
- The social returns on education are not nearly as grand as the propaganda suggests.
- There’s so much waste in the education industry, and everyone’s afraid to say it.