Key Insights From:
The Lessons of History
Audio Available | 8 Minute Read
- Human existence has always been a tenuous affair.
- Geography has shaped patterns of human settlement, but people aren’t bound by it the way they used to be.
- Human nature has changed very little over the millennia.
- Theories of superior races fall apart quickly in the light of history.
- Peace has been extremely rare in human history—and moments of peace only come through conquest.
- The particulars vary, but civilizations follow the general outline of humble beginnings, rise, decline, and dissolution.
- No civilization truly dies.