Key Insights From:
Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents
- MLK was jailed as a criminal in Birmingham, but he was celebrated as a celebrity in Bombay.
- Numerous scholars have been pointing out the strong parallels between caste dynamics in India and America’s social order for decades.
- Since the beginning, America has been a grand play with prescribed roles, heroes and villains, and scripts that people dare not deviate from.
- Eight pillars are inevitably constructed to uphold a caste system.
- The United States is like an old house, and we have a better chance of preserving it when we honestly face its structural vulnerabilities.