Key Insights From:
Entangled Life: How Fungi Make Our Worlds, Change Our Minds & Shape Our Futures
- Most fungi exist out of sight and out of mind, but their time in the sun is overdue.
- Truffle mushrooms have concocted chemicals that have rendered them indispensable to humans and a wide variety of animals.
- Fungi are equipped to break through all kinds of stubborn substances.
- Fungi behavior is challenging our concepts of intelligence and helping us solve human problems.
- It’s not a perfect metaphor, but we can think of fungi as a central, connecting force of the “wood wide web.”