Key Insights From:
How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy
By Jenny Odell
- A society that can’t think about life without numbers and algorithms has lost something important.
- Nothing is actually something—and it’s something important.
- Doing nothing helps us slow down in a world that constantly has its foot on the accelerator.
- Digital detox programs are well-intentioned, but they often become part of the corporate machinery they were designed to resist.
- Doing nothing does not mean isolating from the world—we still have responsibilities to each other.