Key Insights From:
How To Raise An Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success
- Helicopter parenting rose on the changing cultural winds of the 1980s.
- Boomers changed the meaning of parenting, and we continue to live with their legacy.
- Building your life around the statistically negligible chance of your child being kidnapped is no way to parent.
- More than stellar test scores, our kids need life skills to be successful in life.
- First we do things for our kids, then we do them with our kids, then our kids do those things with supervision, and then without.
- Current parenting strategies are harming parents and kids alike.