Key Insights From:
Humankind: A Hopeful History
- Pessimism is not true realism because it doesn’t square with the facts.
- It’s not the fittest, but the friendliest that survive.
- Violence over the millennia illustrates how our love of togetherness and connection can be exploited, but it’s hardly natural.
- One of the most famous experiments in the history of psychology dimmed our view of human nature. It was also a hoax.
- Watching the news is bad for your health.
- Hope and kindness are subversive.