Key Insights From:
Leonardo da Vinci
- Leonardo was a bastard, but this ultimately worked in his favor.
- Many of Leonardo’s most notable techniques were inspired by his teacher—only Leonardo learned to do them better.
- Leonardo was a lover of animals, of men, and of boys.
- Leonardo’s notebooks reveal his genius and his quirks.
- Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man was inspired by an ancient Roman military leader.
- Mona Lisa represents the apex of Leonardo’s integration of artistic and scientific genius.
- Leonardo’s status as a genius is well-earned, but it shouldn’t obscure his mortality.
- Leonardo is not merely someone we should admire—he’s someone we can emulate.