10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
- The deck was stacked against Lincoln in the race for the Republican nomination, which has left historians wondering how Lincoln pulled it off.
- The people Lincoln beat in the presidential nomination were the same he wanted in his cabinet.
- Lincoln had more ambitious abolition goals than even his closest advisors realized.
- Abraham Lincoln proved receptive to critique from whites and blacks alike concerning post-emancipation policy.
- Word of Abraham Lincoln’s skill as a leader had spread to remote corners of the globe within a few decades of his death.