Key Insights From:
The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
- It’s not the predictable but the unpredictable that increasingly shapes our world.
- Since the Industrial Revolution, Black Swan events have become more frequent; in our own day they are more likely than ever.
- History remembers those who cure diseases—not the ones who prevent them.
- There are two types of randomness: the mild and the wild.
- The word “because” is a tricky one.
- You are a Black Swan—live your life with an appreciation for your high improbability.