Key Insights From:
The Communist Manifesto
- History can be summed up as an ongoing tension between oppressor and oppressed.
- The bourgeoisie is pulling even the remotest areas into its vortex, conforming the world to its image.
- The middle class has created the very weapon on which it will be impaled, and the working class it has created will wield it.
- The chief goal of the Communists is to abolish private property.
- The bourgeoisie hypocritically talks about preserving family and education while commodifying family relations.
- Nothing short of revolution will wrest means of production and power from bourgeois hands.