Key Insights From:
The Four Loves
By C.S. Lewis
- There are giving and receiving varieties of love and each has its place.
- Affection is the most modest of loves, but it sneaks up on us with a surprising force.
- Friendship is the most unnatural of the four loves.
- Pure sexual appetite says “I want it”; Eros says, “I want you.”
- Modern society’s conception of sex needs less gravity and more levity.
- Affection, Friendship, and Eros will fail us if we disconnect these natural loves from divine love.