9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness: The Path to True Christian Joy
- Pride and low self-esteem are commonly blamed for societal problems—and both miss the mark.
- The natural state of the human ego is painfully overinflated.
- It’s not about a high or a low opinion of self—but letting go of your opinion of yourself.
- Paul experienced freedom because he connected his identity to Jesus’ performance rather than his own.
- Through Jesus, the verdict has come back “not guilty,” but we continue to live like we’re on trial.