Key Insights From:
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert
- There are several tell-tale signs that a marriage is disintegrating.
- Men and women are not from different planets, but men are more easily overwhelmed by marital conflict than women.
- Focus on expanding love maps and fostering fondness rather than simply “communication.”
- Fondness and affection are the best cure for contempt.
- Turn toward each other, and have conversations about the things that keep you from doing so.
- You will have little influence on your spouse if you don’t allow your spouse to influence you.