Key Insights From:
The Tao of Pooh
- It wasn’t Buddha or Confucius, but Taoism’s Lao-tse who found happiness amidst Life’s difficulties.
- Life becomes bitter and sour when we insist on making things different than what they are.
- Pooh beautifully embodies numerous Taoist principles.
- The answers to our most important questions are not found at pedantic Owl’s house.
- Pooh’s poetry reveals a deep understanding of Tao, and our own tendencies to resist it.
- Striving and scheming against unpleasant inner qualities and unfortunate external circumstances will not help us or lead to happiness.