Key Insights From:
The Way of the Heart: Connecting with God Through Prayer, Wisdom, and Silence
By Henri Nouwen
Audio Available | 12 Minute Read
- We desperately cling to a compulsive, false self when Jesus offers to become our new self.
- Solitude is fuel for the inner furnace of transformation.
- Sometimes silence is more edifying for the soul than speech.
- If we think of prayer as just talking to God or thinking about God, it won’t be long before we give up praying altogether.
- Unceasing prayer from a heart of rest is what connects us to God and changes us.