Key Insights From:
Ask Powerful Questions: Create Conversations That Matter
- The reward of initiating conversations that matter far outweighs the risks.
- Intention, rapport, openness, listening, and empathy are the building blocks of conversations that matter.
- Intention is the foundation of deep connection and strong relationships.
- Fear of rejection and looking stupid are the two most common obstacles to trying to connect with people.
- To convey genuine openness, start your questions with “how” and “what”—never “why.”
- True, reflective listening is a gift as rare as it is powerful.
- People become useless to themselves and others when they mix up empathy and sympathy.