Key Insights From:
Bully of Asia: Why China's Dream is the New Threat to World Order
- China’s goal is to bring “everything under heaven” into its orbit.
- The United States and China are following a trajectory that, historically, has escalated in armed conflict.
- Idealist rhetoric of peace through talks and treaties is more palatable, but less realistic.
- China is refashioning its failed socialist image as an ultra-nationalistic religion.
- America must not fade into the global backdrop, especially as China looks to expand its reach.