Key Insights From:
Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
By Cal Newport
- Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs had no idea how indelibly their services and devices would mark our world.
- Some programmers are blowing the whistle on the Silicon Valley’s “race to the brainstem.”
- Reclaiming autonomy begins with having a DTR (define the relationship) with technology.
- Though our world is hyper-connected, we will never know togetherness until we each allow ourselves times of separateness.
- Stop clicking the “like” button – your social media habits are clashing with your neurology.
- Bring analog back into your life—your soul will thank you.
- The world will never be the same after Samuel Morse’s invention, but we have the benefit of knowing and responding well to its impact.