Key Insights From:
Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
- No one was more surprised by the Trump victory than Trump himself.
- From the outset, Trump had a strained relationship with the intelligence community and an obvious disregard for the truth.
- Steve Bannon emerged from a checkered past to become the president’s chief strategist.
- The Russia debacle left Trump’s inner circle demoralized and less eager to defend his outbursts.
- The Trump White House is not a happy family—it’s fractured by factions, each competing for the president’s ear.