8 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
God and Stephen Hawking: Whose Design Is It Anyway?
By John Lennox
- Hawking should stick to science because his philosophy is sloppy and self-defeating.
- Instead of advancing sound arguments, Hawking attacks straw men and presents false dilemmas.
- Advances in science do not undermine belief in God because God is not an explanatory alternative to science.
- The claim that science and religion are in conflict is refuted by the existence of eminent Christian scientists.
- Inductive inference is preferable to abductive inference, but Hawking conflates the two.