9 Minute Read Audio Available
- In some ways, we remain infants all our lives.
- Augustine rebelled in every way he knew before considering God.
- Rational arguments and dissatisfaction with his selfishness pushed Augustine toward faith, but it took surrender for him to gain victory over vices.
- Augustine was hungrily hunting for God well before he realized that was what his heart was chasing.
- Evil doesn’t have its own existence—it parasitically feeds on what does exist, making good things less than what they were created to be.
- Hiding your sins doesn’t hide you from God—it hides God from you.