9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind
By Antony Flew
- Flew was raised by a Methodist minister, but still walked away from the faith.
- Arguing against theism, Flew stumbled into philosophy rather than intentionally pursuing it from the outset.
- Flew’s reversal did not happen all at once, but was a gradual shift over two decades.
- The fine-tuning of the universe became increasingly difficult for Flew to ignore.
- The innate sense of purpose in life forms suggested to Flew a Divine Source.
- The Big Bang theory raised new questions for Flew about the origins of the universe.
- Flew lets his readers draw conclusions about his mental state, arguing that he’s just following evidence like he always has.