Key Insights From:
God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
- Life without religion is more tolerant, rational, and humane.
- We aren’t hard-pressed to find evidence of religion’s pernicious, disastrous effects.
- The average young child today knows more about the world than religious intellectuals from past eras.
- Abrahamic faiths build on backward, provincial “revelations” that no longer make sense, but adherents still expect the world to embrace them.
- We need to be disabused of the rosy caricatures of peaceful eastern religions that many people hold.
- Our world’s and species’ best shot at continued survival and thriving lies in holding onto Enlightenment principles.