Key Insights From:
- Most people forget the time when internet culture was pretty amicable.
- 9/11 took place because intelligence agencies were competing with each other instead of cooperating.
- In a moment of fear, the United States lost its head and okayed government encroachment.
- Snowden eventually realized what he was building: an effective mass surveillance system—the one he’s now running from for the rest of his life.
- It took him a while to come forward to say something because he was hoping the few informed members of Congress would.
- Snowden had a difficult time selecting a country where he could inform reporters without immediate repercussions.
- Snowden chose truth over friends, family, and country—and his life will never be the same.