Key Insights From:
When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment
- The resurgence of medical support for transgenderism has been driven by ideology—not evidence.
- The ideology of transgender activists is full of contradictions and built on the shaky, subjective foundation of feelings.
- The media tends to tout the transition “success stories” and ignore the horror stories.
- Activists and media do more harm than good for those struggling with gender issues.
- Trans activists advocate an overly aggressive regimen for young children who show signs of gender dysphoria.
- Capitulating to children’s feelings and starting the transitions early locks them into transition and diminishes the chances for desistance.
- Responding well to the transgender movement requires kindness, tolerance, and finesse—not acceptance of activist ideology.