11 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior
- Recent findings show that there is an unconscious after all.
- While psychology has long been successful in providing greater understanding of human behavior, it has only recently become accepted in the scientific community.
- The unconscious brain not only exists, but it is far more influential than the conscious brain.
- Language and its socializing effects have led to culture and accomplishment.
- Our brains make life easier by instinctively categorizing things and people.
- The downside of categorization is the creation of negative stereotypes.
- Not only does your unconscious categorize others—it categorizes you as well.
- Our unconscious is constantly deceiving us for our own good.