Key Insights From:
Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions
By Greg Koukl
Audio Available | 11 Minute Read
Published: Nov 26, 2019
- Defending the faith is more akin to the art of diplomacy than the art of warfare.
- Whatever our misgivings about conflict, Scripture is replete with stories of people reasoning and discussing in hopes of pointing people to truth.
- Asking questions in an unthreatening way is one of the best ways to find the heart of someone’s beliefs.
- If you sense someone’s question has set you up for failure, reformulate the question and answer that one.
- Skeptics save you the hard work of deconstructing their beliefs when their beliefs destroy themselves.
- Give people’s ideas a test landing on the runway of reality to see how they hold up.
- Christian jargon often fails to resonate within the church, so stop expecting it to resonate with a skeptic.