Key Insights From:
Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now
By Jaron Lanier
- In relationship to social media, be a cat—not a dog.
- Social media companies are “behavior modification empires,” perfecting the techniques behaviorist psychologists pioneered decades ago.
- The problem is not technology per se, but a business model that some tech companies use to manipulate their users.
- Social media makes it easy to oscillate between the poles of fake-nice and total jerk.
- You don’t really have much of a “voice” on social media because you’re the consumed—not the consumer.