Key Insights From:
The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory
By Brian Greene
Audio Available | 11 Minute Read
Published: Oct 11, 2010
- It is not moving particles, but vibrating strings which make up our world.
- Relativity shows that our universe is not fixed, but in flux.
- In quantum mechanics, physicists find themselves unable to observe phenomena in a controlled environment.
- To understand the fundamental nature of the universe according to string theory, we must reject our intuitions about it.
- String theory informs us that black holes may one day be as small as particles.
- String theory challenges and modifies our cosmological assumptions.