10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
The Federalist Papers
- For the sake of the common good, decisions should follow from evidence rather than emotions or personal interest.
- One of the biggest advantages to a Union is its ability to deal well with factions.
- Without a national government to unite the states, the new nation will likely dissolve into anarchy.
- A republic is the only form of government worthy of the American people.
- A system of checks and balances harnesses humans’ natural tendency to hold onto power, in a way that protects citizens from tyranny.