Key Insights From:
The Mosquito: A Human History of Our Deadliest Predator
Audio Available | 10 Minute Read
Published: Aug 6, 2019
- No animal has shaped human history like the mosquito.
- Mosquitoes drove the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
- John Smith was a fraud and Jamestown was no paradise.
- Without the aid of mosquitoes, it’s improbable that the rebellious Americans would have beaten back the British.
- A series of medical discoveries in the late 1800s and early 1900s helped humans land a major blow against their primeval foe.
- DDT helped us win a battle against mosquito-borne illnesses, but the war is far from over.