Key Insights From:
The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion
- A convincing view of how we become moral creatures needs to appreciate the importance of our intuitions and the opinions of others.
- If you want to persuade someone, talk to the elephant—not the elephant’s rider.
- The values of Western, educated, industrialized, rich, democratic cultures are global outliers.
- Western ethics are pretty one-dimensional compared to the rest of the world.
- The conservatives leverage the voters’ moral psychology better than liberals.