Key Insights From:
Propaganda: The Formation of Men's Attitudes
- Amidst the confusion surrounding the term “propaganda,” it’s more helpful to identify general characteristics than precisely define it.
- Propaganda helps a regime reduce the social friction that technological change creates.
- For propaganda to be effective, it must keep individuals connected to the masses and constantly bombard them with all available media.
- Propaganda needs to cultivate not just orthodoxy but orthopraxy.
- The modern state cannot survive without propaganda.