Key Insights From:
Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World
By Vivek Murthy
- Doctors usually end up treating symptoms while leaving root causes of poor health unaddressed.
- Doctors have begun the practice of social prescribing because of the power relationships have to reduce health risks.
- Our DNA and physiology prime us for social connection.
- Prolonged loneliness taxes the body’s most vital systems.
- If you’re lonely, you’re in good company.
- Know the common categories of relational deficits and find ways to strengthen them.