Key Insights From:
A Sense of Self: Memory, the Brain, and Who We Are
- The physical world is fuel for the brain—without it, we would have little to ponder.
- When you look in the mirror or out your window, your hippocampus is revving up, helping you to remember.
- If you keep forgetting your wallet, your purse, or (most alarmingly) your name, replenish your cortex with a little bit of sleep.
- Your insula makes a simple memory a personal masterpiece.
- Consciousness is an ideological needle in an ever-growing haystack.