Key Insights From:
Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find—And Keep—Love
- Codependency is a myth that keeps many from experiencing the beauty of intimacy.
- The longing for a secure relational base is as old as humanity, but some are better at getting and keeping this than others.
- The anxious stand to benefit from understanding their need for a secure relational base—perhaps more than any other type.
- The avoidant tendencies resonate well with a culture that prizes independence, but it also keeps people lonely.
- The anxious-avoidant trap is common because the anxious crush easily and avoidants don’t date other avoidants—for long.
- People with secure attachment styles tend to make their partners more secure as well.