Key Insights From:
The Gifts of Imperfection
By Brene Brown
- Self-awareness coupled with self-acceptance makes personal transformation possible.
- Courage, compassion, and connection are the gifts of imperfection.
- When we don’t believe in our own worthiness, we will desperately grasp at other things and people to compensate.
- There’s no substitute for a profound sense of love and belonging.
- We can only love others to the extent that we love ourselves.
- Shame is the fear that we are hopelessly unlovable.
- The perfectionist lives in shame—the “good-enoughist” lives free of it.