Key Insights From:
Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life
- We don’t just need an antidote to bewildering chaos, but also to soul-stultifying order.
- Avoid being flippantly critical both of social institutions and the creative challenges to those social institutions.
- Think of your highest possible conception of yourself, and then shoot for that with everything you’ve got.
- Small things that bother you in your marriage are not so small if they happen everyday.
- Ideologies are the false idols of the modern world: simple and easy to grasp, but they ultimately lead to tragedy.
- Beauty is not a nicety—it is a necessity.
- Don’t let your life be dominated by resentment, deceit, and anger.