9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption
By Ben Mezrich
- Lightning usually doesn’t strike twice, but the Winklevoss twins have been at the helm of two revolutions: first social media, now cryptocurrency.
- Money is arguably humanity’s most ancient social network.
- The origins of cryptocurrency are mysterious, and its early followers made for an interesting cast of characters.
- The Winklevosses took drastic measures to make sure that no one would ever steal their tech ideas again.
- The road to becoming bitcoin billionaires was rife with betrayals, court orders, and bad press.
- The future of money is in digital currency—not in cash or gold.