11 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
By Dave Ramsey
- 80 percent of personal finance is related to behavior rather than knowledge.
- Before doing anything else, save up a $1,000 emergency fund.
- Attack your debts in order from smallest to largest to rack up wins and build confidence.
- Having six month’s worth of expenses saved turns crises into bumps in the road.
- It’s only when you’ve regained control of your income that it can start working for you and for others.
- If you can’t learn to be generous, you still haven’t achieved financial freedom.
- Whether your income is large or modest, this is the best way to get rid of debt and create wealth.