11 Minute Read Audio Available
- Religious experiences are possible, but religious beliefs are still illusory.
- The pull toward religion can be traced back to the infantile desire for a father.
- Asking after the meaning of life is a futile quest.
- Civilization has brought miseries of its own, but a return to our primitive roots wouldn’t solve anything either.
- Culture has enabled the advancement of science and technology, but it hasn’t made us happier.
- Civilizations can only function if people curtail their natural sexual and aggressive instincts.
- Aggression is the biggest obstacle to harmonious civilization, one that’s impossible to remove.