11 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
By Ashlee Vance
- Young Elon Musk was a bright know-it-all with very few friends.
- Musk showed his self-reliance, resourcefulness, and ambition as a young man when he moved to Canada and got by on his own.
- Musk’s first startup was profitable, but the experience taught him some hard lessons.
- Musk ignored naysayers and cynics in his audacious pursuit of privately funded space exploration.
- SpaceX and Tesla upgraded Musk’s image, but at significant personal cost.
- Musk’s SpaceX efforts have shaken up the status quo and modernized an antiquated aerospace industry.
- If not for a last-minute surge in sales that boosted the company’s stock, Musk might have sold Tesla to Google.
- Musk has restored faith in innovation by showing that technology can still advance quickly, even this late in the game.