10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
By Hans Rosling
- From the layman to the elite, there is widespread ignorance about global trends.
- An outdated, overdramatic view of global affairs is hurting us.
- When we compare extremes, we forget that the majority of people are somewhere in the middle.
- The global consensus is that the world is getting worse—and they’ve got it all wrong.
- Before getting angry over an isolated statistic, find a standard of comparison.
- We can’t stop generalizing, but we can get better at it.
- When we play the blame game, no one wins and nothing gets solved.
- Actions taken from a position of urgency and panic usually cause more problems than they solve.