Key Insights From:
Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
- Life isn’t about having more things, but finding the existential nexus of passion, vocation, profession, and mission.
- Ikigai is the goal of logotherapy and other meaning-based therapies.
- The Okinawan lifestyle has much to teach us about longevity.
- The Okinawans owe their happiness and health, in part, to culinary customs.
- Identifying those activities where we enter a blissful flow state is an important part of finding ikigai.
- The exercise that will sustain you 10 decades involves gentle movement that enhances flexibility.