10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life
- The biomedical and Freudian approaches to treating depression have been largely unsuccessful.
- At the heart of depression is helplessness.
- Your default explanatory style has an enormous impact on your ability to overcome failure.
- Finding connections between adversity, resultant beliefs, and consequences of those beliefs is the first step toward change.
- Disputing harmfully pessimistic beliefs has been proven to have an energizing effect.
- Depression rates are ten times higher among today’s youth than their grandparents’ generation.