Key Insights From:
Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
- Experience doesn’t matter much if a small disruption of the status quo undermines it.
- Never have people been so capable of abstraction and connecting dots—specialization fails to make the most of it.
- Make sure you flirt with your possible selves before overcommitting to a particular trajectory.
- Generalists are often better than so-called experts at predicting the future.
- In a wicked world, the deliberate amateur—not the hyperspecialist with a head start—is king.