Key Insights From:
The Ethics of Authenticity
- There are three main malaises commonly attached to modern society, and they contribute to modern forms of authenticity.
- The concept of authenticity shouldn’t be unduly elevated or condemned, but it desperately needs rescuing.
- Authenticity as an ideal began in the Romantic era, but has gradually become severed from any sources external to the self.
- You can’t help but take your past and people with you along the trail you blaze.
- “Authentic” authenticity embraces committed relationships, moral demands, and responsibility.